Welcome to the British Gas media centre, our online resource for news, photos and footage for journalists across Britain.
- 15 homes challenge themselves to be more
energy efficient using smart meter technology
- The Futures Company and British Gas have
designed the challenge to discover attitudes and expectations around
energy use, the impact of a 'digital detox', and explore how smart meters
can help control energy use
- The Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP visits Scottish
Gas’ Training Academy near Glasgow to meet newly recruited apprentices
- The company is recruiting a further 100
apprentices for its Service and Repair division
- New research from Scottish Gas shows two
thirds (66%) of young people in Scotland have considered apprenticeships
- Company maintains investment in apprentices
with more than 1,200 currently in training across Britain
of people risk not claiming free money-saving improvements because they don’t
realise their home is eligible for help. Research by British Gas has uncovered
that only one in five people believe their home qualifies for free insulation,
despite it being available to 90% of homes that need it.
For many Brits, the clocks going back marks
the start of winter. New research* from British Gas suggests that,
unsurprisingly, many people (49%) are not looking forward to winter. People are
most likely to dread increased transport problems (67%), shorter days (65%),
the cold weather (61%), and the possibility of no heating or hot water (58%).
Latest press releases
19 December 2014
Service & repair
As the nation gears itself up for Christmas, British Gas predicts that around 17,000* households across the country will experience some sort of domestic disaster with a broken boiler and loss of heating and hot water on Christmas Day.
05 December 2014
British Gas Business has become the first UK company to sign the European Code of Conduct for Energy Performance Contracts.
04 December 2014
Energy Company Obligation
- The £11.1 million donation to charity will help vulnerable customers keep their homes warm through energy efficiency advice and improvements.
- Energy-saving measures were not delivered in full by the December 2012 deadline; prolonged bad weather was one of the factors in the delay.
- After the deadline, British Gas insulated more homes than any other supplier, going above and beyond the target and spending £1.1bn.