Welcome to the British Gas media centre, our online resource for news, photos and footage for journalists across Britain.
- 15 homes challenge themselves to be more
energy efficient using smart meter technology
- The Futures Company and British Gas have
designed the challenge to discover attitudes and expectations around
energy use, the impact of a 'digital detox', and explore how smart meters
can help control energy use
- The Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP visits Scottish
Gas’ Training Academy near Glasgow to meet newly recruited apprentices
- The company is recruiting a further 100
apprentices for its Service and Repair division
- New research from Scottish Gas shows two
thirds (66%) of young people in Scotland have considered apprenticeships
- Company maintains investment in apprentices
with more than 1,200 currently in training across Britain
of people risk not claiming free money-saving improvements because they don’t
realise their home is eligible for help. Research by British Gas has uncovered
that only one in five people believe their home qualifies for free insulation,
despite it being available to 90% of homes that need it.
Latest press releases
31 October 2014
British Gas has today confirmed that Chris Weston, Managing Director, will leave the company on 31 December 2014, following his resignation in May.
29 October 2014
Apprentices & training
- British Gas launches new Customer Service Apprenticeship scheme at its contact centre in Leeds
- Its partnership with Leeds City College will recruit nine young people from Yorkshire into the new roles
- Research commissioned by British Gas shows young people in Leeds are considering apprenticeships over university
28 October 2014
- In the last ten years, British Gas has given £75 million to the independent charity to help relieve fuel poverty and provide financial help to people struggling with their bills
- Money donated to the British Gas Energy Trust has been used to give grants to help 120,000 people over the last decade
- The Trust also funds other charities to offer debt advice and holistic help to those in need.
27 October 2014
Good afternoon everyone, and my thanks to Mark for kindly sponsoring and introducing our event today.
On behalf of British Gas, it's a great pleasure to be here - both to launch our Getting Ready for Winter campaign, and to mark a significant milestone for us: the tenth anniversary of the British Gas Energy Trust.