Welcome to the British Gas media centre, our online resource for news, photos and footage for journalists across Britain.
Gas is to reduce household gas prices by 5%, cutting annual energy bills on
average by £37*.
Working in partnership with the Royal National Institute of
Blind People (RNIB), British Gas has ensured that its Hive Active Heating™ app
for Android phones is fully accessible for people with sight loss. It is the
first app to receive RNIB's 'App Accreditation' for accessibility.
- 15 homes challenge themselves to be more
energy efficient using smart meter technology
- The Futures Company and British Gas have
designed the challenge to discover attitudes and expectations around
energy use, the impact of a 'digital detox', and explore how smart meters
can help control energy use
- The Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP visits Scottish
Gas’ Training Academy near Glasgow to meet newly recruited apprentices
- The company is recruiting a further 100
apprentices for its Service and Repair division
- New research from Scottish Gas shows two
thirds (66%) of young people in Scotland have considered apprenticeships
- Company maintains investment in apprentices
with more than 1,200 currently in training across Britain
Latest press releases
26 March 2015